Al-Tayeb Ahmed Sidqi Al-Dajani
The CEO of Taiba Kuwaiti Holding Company since 2006, and the Founder and Managing Partner of Atlas International W.L.L in Kuwait & Dubai, Mr. Al-Dajani is specialised in Islamic banks establishment, companies Islamization restructuring and funds management. He has conducted studies for massive urban development projects such as Sabah Al-Ahmad Residential City in the State of Kuwait. Mr. Al-Dajani has over 30 years of experience in the fields of Institutional Investments, Islamic Banking, Corporate Finance, Global Economics and Risk Assessment.
He started his career as a freelance writer and lecturer in Economic Theory, Islamic History & Arabic Literature during his undergraduate university education in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
Thereafter, he became the co-founder and general manager of various ventures and numerous projects where he led teams of professionals to establish in 1998 among others Al-Mal Islamic Company, a USD 50 million paid-up capital company. The Company accomplished above average levels of profitability from the first year of operations. During his tenure as General Manager at Al-Mal Islamic Company, the investments under management reached more than USD 200 million dollars by the end of the second financial year in 1999. Between September 2003 and 2007, he was a Lecturer on Islamic Money and Banking, Islamic Corporate Finance & Islamic Banking Services at The Institute of Banking Studies, the State of Kuwait.
For the period spanning, Sept. 1997 and March 1998, he was the Visiting Scholar at Harvard Law School, Comparative Legal Studies Program (lectured on Islamic Banking and assisted two Harvard Professors in reviewing their book named “Religion, Risk and Return”), at Harvard University. Also, participated in the Capital Markets Program of Harvard Business School, MBA Program.
His areas of expertise include:
* Establishment of Islamic Banks, restructuring of Companies, Construction of national indexes.
* Investment Management, Investment banking, Islamic Banking & Corporate Finance.
* Consulting in the fields of finance, macroeconomics and management.
A few consulting experiences:
* Provided financial consulting for establishing the Sabah Al- Ahmad Residential City in the State of Kuwait. The project is valued at KD 1.5 Billion.
* Provided both financial and economical consulting for establishing various Islamic and commercial banks in United Arab Emirates, Sudan, Syria and Algeria during the years 2003 – 2008. Advised on the restructuring and Islamization of Dubai Bank, Dubai, U.A.E, in 2003.
A few other interests and achievements:
* Member of the Young Arab Leaders Initiative of Shaikh Mohamed Ben Rashed AlMaktoum, Ruler of Dubai.
* Member of the Arab Business Council, an offshoot of Davos Conference, Switzerland.
* Lectured and debated with 2 Nobel Laureates in economics on Governing Global Financial Markets from an Islamic Economist point of view at the Nobels Colloquia in Venice, Italy, December 2010.
A collector of rare Arabic and Islamic manuscripts, Mr. Al-Dajani is the writer and editor of books and training manuals in both Arabic and English in Islamic Economics, Sharia Compatible Finance and Strategic Affairs.
Published and edited Arabic books in Egypt and Morocco most recently.